Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The long road ahead of us

On Monday, we met with a physiotherapist. She seems to be very good at what she does and we were impressed with her. She is going to work with me, Mike and I will continue the exercises we have been doing and she will give me my own exercises that I can do on my own. We have to stimulate my muscles in order for me to exercise them. I will also continue to go to acupuncture. Meeting with Floria, (that is my p/t's name) was very good but I will tell you that I was overwhelmed. I am so glad I had the procedure, but this part is not going to be easy. I think that the hardest part for me is the patience that I still have to have and the wondering of what will come of this. I have big dreams, but i have had big dreams for my body for 12 years now. I suppose that today, I am feeling like the idea of patience is so far away from me. I will work very hard on all of the exercises but I also must continue to have the heart of perseverance. Mike is overwhelmed as well. As I am preparing my mind to get ready to endure this battle with my body, I am trying so hard to keep my husband encouraged. We are hopeful and we try to encourage each other always; however, this becomes a bit of a challenge when you are feeling like all of this is just to hard. I thank God that these feelings go away. God is going to do great things. His timing is CERTAINLY not mine, but we need to wait on Him. So, first things first, we look to Him for the strength to begin this part of our journey.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I will continue to pray for strength and endurance. You are a trooper. Love you both lots and always know we are here if you need anything.

    Kevin and Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it a struggle even to know what to write, but felt God lay it on that I should. My brother Dan has MS as well, and I see him living with hope for a cure as well. But I see in you a willingness to work and fight for that. May God continue to give you the perseverance to reach for the prize...He is molding and shaping his children, surely He will mold my brother as awesomely as you have allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us, it is nice to know that your leg is getting better and the pain has lessened. We will continue to pray for both of you daily, and especially for patience, as you continue your road to recovery and what we hope to be full healing! We love you!
    -Dan & Anj

    ReplyDelete