Sunday, September 19, 2010

Muscles are moving!!!!!

On Tuesday, my P/T came and tried a muscle stimulator on my body. She put electrodes on certain parts of my body and then turned the machine up until she could see a muscle moving. It felt like my muscle was twitching and pulsating. Anyway, the next day I was sore-like I had worked out. I have not not felt that kind of tiredness in a long time. It was pretty cool. We bought our own machine so that we can use it every day. The machine pulses some kind of electricity through my body for 10 seconds. During this time I have to try and exercise that part of my body. For example, when she puts the electrode on my calve muscle near my ankle, my foot lifts and I have to try and hold it for 10 seconds. Then it will go off for 10 seconds. During this time, I rest. Now, obviously I am not holding my ankle up on my own yet, but that is why it is so important to use this machine. It is still exercising my muscles- I have to keep trying to work with it. The hope is that I will do it on my own. Floria said that she was happy to see muscle movement. It was very little but it was there. She keeps telling me that is not going to be an easy or a quick process. I know this...but good to be reminded. I dream of it just being easy.

Anyway, I am standing with the knee immobilizers for 20 minutes every other day with Mike and working on some core stuff everyday on my own. When Mike is gone, my mother-in-law helps me with the standing. She is always so nice about helping whenever and where ever we need her.

Well, I will keep working hard. I am not sure how much to post because it seems a little boring right now. I suppose I will figure this out as I go along. Thanks for all of your support-it means lots to us.

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking of you lately. Glad to hear that you are pleased with the physio. We should get together soon.

    ReplyDelete